1. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
4. Wearing or provided with clothing.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
12. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
13. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
14. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
15. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
16. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. A port city in southwestern Iran.
19. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
26. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
44. (informal) Exceptionally good.
49. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
50. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
51. A master's degree in business.
52. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
4. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
5. Lacking excess flesh.
6. A human limb.
7. Two items of the same kind.
8. (informal) Of the highest quality.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
18. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
20. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
23. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
25. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
31. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
32. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
34. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
35. Common house and field crickets.
39. Brightly colored and showy.
40. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
42. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. South African term for `boss'.
45. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. A humorous anecdote or remark.
48. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
49. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.