1. A small island.
5. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
7. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
11. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
12. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
13. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
16. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. Someone who operates a barge.
27. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
30. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
32. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
34. An enclosed space.
37. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
40. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
51. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
52. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
53. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
54. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. (Irish) The sea personified.
4. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
6. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
7. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
8. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
9. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
10. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
18. A motley assortment of things.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
22. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
28. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
31. Adorned by inlays.
33. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
35. A grant made by a law court.
36. A telegram sent abroad.
38. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
39. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
41. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
47. Two items of the same kind.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.