1. Wild and domestic cattle.
4. In bed.
8. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
14. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
15. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. Type genus of the Anatidae.
24. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. Take in solid food.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
34. The airforce of Great Britain.
35. A small island.
37. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
41. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
44. The cry made by sheep.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. A container.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. Serving as or forming a base.
50. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. An honorary degree in science.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
9. Jordan's port.
10. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of a pair of heavy metal circles (usually covered with leather) suspended by ropes.
18. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
19. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
20. A bottle with a stopper.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
22. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
25. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. An endorsement.
31. Rapid and indistinct speech.
33. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
38. A French abbot.
39. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
40. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
42. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
46. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.