1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
7. Not agitated.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
15. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
16. A vigorous blow.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
20. A port city in southwestern Iran.
22. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
25. A telegram sent abroad.
29. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. An accountant certified by the state.
38. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
40. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
42. Lower in esteem.
46. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
51. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
53. In bed.
54. Goddess of fate.
55. 10 grams.
56. A small cake leavened with yeast.
57. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Common Indian weaverbird.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
6. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
7. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
8. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
9. A Russian river.
10. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
18. The cry made by sheep.
19. An enclosed space.
21. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. The square of a body of any size of type.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. A genus of Ploceidae.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. Before noon.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
43. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
44. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
45. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
47. A small piece of cloth.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.