1. A French abbot.
5. An enclosed space.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
12. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. A nation in northern North America.
15. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. 10 grams.
20. An informal term for a father.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
26. The capital of Croatia.
27. A large fleet.
30. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
33. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
37. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
40. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
41. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
44. Animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes.
47. How long something has existed.
48. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
49. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
50. The cry made by sheep.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
3. Obvious and dull.
4. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
5. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
18. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
19. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
29. (trademark) An antacid.
31. A city in southeastern South Korea.
32. The beach at a seaside resort.
33. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. The ending of a series or sequence.
36. Type genus of the Soleidae.
38. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
46. The square of a body of any size of type.