1. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
4. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
8. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
11. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
12. A Loloish language.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. A white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin.
16. A light touch or stroke.
17. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
18. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
28. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. Any of various units of capacity.
31. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
33. Unknown god.
34. A Russian river.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
47. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
49. An advanced law degree.
50. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
51. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
52. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
2. Fallow deer.
3. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
4. A genus of Lamnidae.
5. Jordan's port.
6. A state in New England.
7. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
8. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
9. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
10. An informal term for a father.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
19. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
20. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
21. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
36. In bed.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
40. Look at with amorous intentions.
41. Avatar of Vishnu.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
44. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. A state in northwestern North America.