1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
11. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
12. Type genus of the Pipidae.
13. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
14. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
24. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
26. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
30. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
34. Before noon.
36. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
39. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
42. An accidental happening.
45. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
48. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
50. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. How long something has existed.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. The last (12th) month of the year.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Type genus of the Amiidae.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
4. The right to buy or sell property at an agreed price.
5. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
9. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
10. God of death.
18. Bearing or characterized by a blade or sword.
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
22. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A doctor's degree in optometry.
32. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
38. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
40. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
41. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
44. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
46. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
49. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.