1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
8. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
13. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
14. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
15. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
18. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
27. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
30. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
32. A bachelor's degree in religion.
33. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
44. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
49. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. United States naturalist (born in England) who advocated the creation of national parks (1838-1914).
51. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
52. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
53. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
4. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
5. A large fleet.
6. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
7. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. A human limb.
9. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
21. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
22. English monk and scholar (672-735).
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A special loved one.
34. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
35. A human limb.
36. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
37. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
42. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
43. The sixth month of the civil year.
45. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.