1. A state of southwestern India.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
13. An affirmative.
14. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
15. Someone who cooks food.
16. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
23. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
25. The cry made by sheep.
26. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. African mahogany trees.
35. Jordan's port.
38. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
42. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
43. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
45. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
48. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. Of or relating to or toward the cheek.
5. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
6. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
7. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
8. City in Sudan.
9. Big-eyed scad.
10. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
18. Covered with scabs.
19. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
20. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
22. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
24. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
27. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
30. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
32. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
33. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. A light touch or stroke.
44. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
46. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
47. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
48. A colorless and odorless inert gas.