1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Fiddler crabs.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Tag the base runner to get him out.
13. A human female who does housework.
14. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
15. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
17. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. The cry made by sheep.
23. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
25. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
30. A large number or amount.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
39. A telegram sent abroad.
43. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
45. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
46. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
47. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
50. Being six more than fifty.
51. Many times at short intervals.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
53. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
5. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. A master's degree in business.
19. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
21. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
22. Extremely pleasing.
24. An informal term for a father.
26. A light touch or stroke.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
28. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
29. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
31. The act of scanning.
33. A notable achievement.
35. Jordan's port.
36. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
37. (Middle East) An ornamental metal cup-shaped holder for a hot coffee cup.
38. (informal) Very tired.
40. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
41. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
42. English essayist (1775-1834).
44. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.