1. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
4. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
8. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
13. Something that remunerates.
14. Chinese tea leaves that have been semi-fermented before being dried.
17. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
22. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. Jordan's port.
31. Jordan's port.
34. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
35. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
38. Make amends for.
41. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
42. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
44. Avatar of Vishnu.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
47. In the Roman calendar.
1. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. Something causes misery or death.
5. The month following July and preceding September.
6. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
7. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
8. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
9. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
10. Type genus of the Hylidae.
15. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
16. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
18. Of or belonging to or suitable for a duke.
20. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A light touch or stroke.
25. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
26. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
27. A master's degree in business.
28. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
30. Of or concerning Qatar.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
36. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
37. Type genus of the Anatidae.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. An informal term for a father.
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.