1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
7. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. How long something has existed.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
15. An associate degree in applied science.
16. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
20. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
24. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
34. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
39. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
42. South African term for `boss'.
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. 36th President of the United States.
49. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
50. Extremely pleasing.
54. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
1. A coarse obnoxious person.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
9. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
10. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
18. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
22. A light touch or stroke.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
28. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
33. A state in northwestern North America.
36. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
38. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
43. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
44. Type genus of the Anatidae.
45. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
48. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
53. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.