1. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
5. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. God of love and erotic desire.
12. Two items of the same kind.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
18. Reports of the work of a society or learned body etc.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
27. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
29. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
32. The superior of an abbey of monks.
36. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
39. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
41. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
42. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
45. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
46. A city in the European part of Russia.
47. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
48. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
49. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
50. The second largest city in Tunisia.
51. Towards the side away from the wind.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Relating to or accompanying birth.
3. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
4. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
5. Chief port of Yemen.
6. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
7. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
8. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. The bill in a restaurant.
30. An uproarious party.
31. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
33. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
34. A diacritical mark (~) placed over the letter n in Spanish to indicate a palatal nasal sound or over a vowel in Portuguese to indicate nasalization.
35. (botany) Relating to or attached to the axis.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
40. The season when the leaves fall from the trees.
43. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.