1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Largest known toad species.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
12. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
14. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
15. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
16. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
17. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
19. The month following January and preceding March.
20. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. A master's degree in business.
27. A rapid bustling commotion.
30. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
38. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
39. The cry made by sheep.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. A radioactive transuranic element.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. A bachelor's degree in theology.
52. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
53. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
54. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
55. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
56. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
5. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
6. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
7. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
9. Fallow deer.
10. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
18. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
28. A young woman making her debut into society.
29. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
31. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
32. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. The face or front of a building.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
44. Common Indian weaverbird.
45. A small nail.
47. The residue that remains when something is burned.
48. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
49. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
50. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
51. Informal terms for a mother.