1. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
4. A branch of the Tai languages.
8. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
16. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
17. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
18. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
19. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. The capital of Croatia.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Having lost freshness or brilliance of color.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
41. A small piece of cloth.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
49. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
51. An informal term for a father.
52. The cry made by sheep.
1. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
2. The act of catching an object with the hands.
3. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
4. A state in north central United States.
5. Heal or recover.
6. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
7. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
8. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. How long something has existed.
20. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
21. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
22. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
24. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
30. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
31. A radioactive transuranic element.
35. Any plant of the genus Erica.
36. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
42. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
43. An honorary degree in science.
44. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
45. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
46. A person's brother or sister.
47. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.