1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
8. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
11. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
12. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
13. A tight-fitting headdress.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
16. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
18. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
19. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
22. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
26. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
29. Tag the base runner to get him out.
33. A large building at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
48. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
49. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
51. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
53. The cry made by sheep.
54. 10 grams.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
4. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
5. An engineering university in Cambridge.
6. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
7. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
8. Being nine more than ninety.
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
25. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. An associate degree in nursing.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
34. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
37. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
39. In bed.
40. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
43. Largest known toad species.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.