1. Liquid excretory product.
4. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
8. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
11. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
12. Avatar of Vishnu.
13. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
14. Coffee trees.
16. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
17. An associate degree in nursing.
18. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
21. A decree that prohibits something.
23. A light touch or stroke.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
31. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
34. God of the earth.
35. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
37. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
40. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
44. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
45. Considerate and solicitous care.
46. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
47. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
49. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
52. God of fire.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Very dark black.
3. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
4. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
5. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
6. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. Unknown god.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
19. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
20. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
33. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
36. A bachelor's degree in theology.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
39. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. An informal term for a father.
43. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
48. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
50. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
51. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.