1. The unit of frequency.
4. The capital of Western Samoa.
8. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A master's degree in business.
15. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
16. A flexible container with a single opening.
17. A genus of Ploceidae.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
23. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
24. The capital of Croatia.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. Avatar of Vishnu.
31. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
32. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
38. Unknown god.
39. United States diplomat and jurist who negotiated peace treaties with Britain and served as the first chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1745-1829).
40. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
47. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
48. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
49. The cry made by sheep.
1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
2. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
5. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
6. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
7. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
8. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. By bad luck.
10. Especially one side of a leaf.
18. A native of ancient Troy.
20. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
22. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
25. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
26. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
30. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
33. Jordan's port.
34. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
42. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
43. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
44. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.