1. A tool for tamping (e.g., for tamping tobacco into a pipe bowl or a charge into a drill hole etc.).
5. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
8. A pass between mountain peaks.
11. A French abbot.
12. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
14. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
15. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
18. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
20. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
21. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
23. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
24. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
27. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
32. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
44. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
45. British informal term.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. The residue that remains when something is burned.
49. Taking place over public roads.
1. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
2. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
3. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
4. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
7. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
8. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
9. German iris having large white flowers with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome.
10. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
16. (informal) Of the highest quality.
17. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
25. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
26. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
28. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. God of wealth and love.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. South African term for `boss'.
38. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
42. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
43. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
46. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.