1. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
16. A decree that prohibits something.
18. Informal terms for a mother.
19. A motley assortment of things.
21. Divulge information or secrets.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. Belonging to some prior time.
25. 32nd President of the United States.
27. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
36. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
37. Noisy talk.
39. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
40. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
44. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
45. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
47. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
49. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
2. Largest known toad species.
3. Someone who mooches or cadges (tries to get something free).
4. An informal term for a father.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
7. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
8. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
9. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
20. A farewell remark.
24. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
26. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
28. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
29. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
31. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
32. Unpleasantly stern.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. Jordan's port.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A police officer who investigates crimes.
42. A light touch or stroke.
43. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
44. Informal terms for a mother.
46. An informal term for a father.