1. The month following August and preceding October.
4. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
8. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
11. Used of a single unit or thing.
12. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A young woman making her debut into society.
14. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
17. A farewell remark.
18. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
20. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
21. Look at with amorous intentions.
23. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
24. A belt-shaped region in the heavens on either side to the ecliptic.
25. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
26. Being one more than fifty.
28. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
30. Small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America.
33. An associate degree in nursing.
34. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
40. A genus of Ploceidae.
41. Tufted evergreen perennial herb having spikes of tiny white flowers and glossy green round to heart-shaped leaves that become coppery to maroon or purplish in fall.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
48. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
49. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
50. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
1. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
2. A town in north central Oklahoma.
3. An amount of time.
4. A cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the surface of the sun.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. Used of the language of the deaf.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
9. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
10. Lower in esteem.
15. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
16. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
22. Enthusiastic approval.
27. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. An iconic mental representation.
32. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
35. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
37. A Hindu prince or king in India.
38. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
39. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
42. A boy or man.
45. A state in northwestern North America.
46. 1/10 gram.