1. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
5. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
11. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
12. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
13. Provided with artificial light.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
17. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
25. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
27. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
28. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
31. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
34. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
35. Wool of the alpaca.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Situated at the top or highest position.
43. Type genus of the Amiidae.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. An accountant certified by the state.
48. A lyric poet.
49. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
50. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
51. Clarified butter used in Indian cookery.
52. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
1. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
4. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
9. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
10. A city in central New York.
18. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
24. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
30. The cry made by sheep.
32. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
33. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
34. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
36. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
37. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
38. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
39. A quantity that is added.
40. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. A strong emotion.
45. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.