1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
8. An accidental happening.
11. A quantity of no importance.
12. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
13. How long something has existed.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. God of the earth.
17. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
18. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
20. English monk and scholar (672-735).
25. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
26. A master's degree in business.
28. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
38. An associate degree in nursing.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. A period of time spent sleeping.
49. (informal) Of the highest quality.
51. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
52. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
53. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
54. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
2. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
3. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
4. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
5. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
6. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
7. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
9. Advanced in years.
10. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
19. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. A motley assortment of things.
35. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
42. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
43. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
44. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
46. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
47. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
51. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.