1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
5. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
7. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
11. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
12. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
13. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
14. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
15. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
16. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
22. A bachelor's degree in theology.
27. A small cake leavened with yeast.
30. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
36. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. Being nine more than ninety.
40. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
44. A human limb.
45. A port in southwestern Scotland.
47. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
48. In or of the month preceding the present one.
49. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
50. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
2. On or toward the lee.
3. Divulge information or secrets.
4. Small goat antelope with small conical horns.
5. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
6. Singing jazz.
7. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
8. Some point in the air.
9. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
10. Produced by a manufacturing process.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
23. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
24. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
25. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
26. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
28. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Jordan's port.
34. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
35. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
37. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
38. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
39. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
41. The products of human creativity.
42. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
43. A light touch or stroke.
46. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).