1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
8. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. A flexible container with a single opening.
15. Common Indian weaverbird.
16. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
23. A port city in southwestern Iran.
26. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
30. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
36. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
38. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
44. A state in southeastern United States.
46. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
49. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
50. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
51. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
52. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. Tag the base runner to get him out.
5. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
6. A swampy arm or slow-moving outlet of a lake (term used mainly in Mississippi and Louisiana).
7. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
8. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
9. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
10. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
18. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
19. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
28. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
29. A state in northwestern North America.
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
34. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
35. A person forced to flee from home or country.
37. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
39. Little known Kamarupan languages.
40. Set down according to a plan.
42. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
46. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.