1. The part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus.
4. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
8. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
11. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
12. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
15. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
16. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
17. Informal terms for a mother.
20. Jordan's port.
23. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
25. The month following July and preceding September.
26. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
27. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
31. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
39. A large fleet.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. Fiddler crabs.
44. The sixth month of the civil year.
47. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
48. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
2. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
3. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
4. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
7. Used of a single unit or thing.
8. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
9. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
10. Money in the form of bills or coins.
18. A master's degree in business.
19. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
21. The residue that remains when something is burned.
22. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
28. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. Jordan's port.
35. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
36. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
37. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
38. An expression of greeting.
40. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.