1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. Highly excited.
8. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
15. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
16. 10 grams.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
27. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
31. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
33. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
34. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
46. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
48. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
51. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
8. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
9. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
10. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
18. A telegram sent abroad.
20. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
21. A chronic drinker.
22. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
23. Informal terms for a mother.
26. One million periods per second.
28. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
38. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. South African term for `boss'.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.