1. Take in solid food.
4. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
7. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
11. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
14. A period of time spent sleeping.
15. A feeling of intense anger.
16. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. By bad luck.
31. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
38. Lower in esteem.
42. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
45. Fleshy folds of tissue as those surrounding the mouth.
46. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
48. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
49. The residue that remains when something is burned.
50. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
51. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
3. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
6. Call upon in supplication.
7. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
8. English essayist (1775-1834).
9. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
20. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
21. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A state in New England.
30. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. Type genus of the Gavidae.
35. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
36. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
37. A vigorous blow.
39. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
40. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
41. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
43. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
44. An honorary law degree.
47. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.