1. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
4. South African term for `boss'.
8. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
16. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. An awkward stupid person.
26. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
36. Any of various units of capacity.
37. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
41. 16 ounces.
43. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
46. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
52. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
55. A city in the European part of Russia.
56. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
57. In bed.
58. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
59. A flexible container with a single opening.
60. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
61. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
62. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
1. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
2. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. Any high mountain.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
8. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
9. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Extremely pleasing.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
38. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
40. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
42. Common Indian weaverbird.
43. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
47. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
48. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
49. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
51. A shape that sags.
53. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
54. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.