1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
7. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
13. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
14. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
15. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
16. Distant but within sight.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
21. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
28. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
30. A fraudulent business scheme.
34. A city in northern India.
37. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
40. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
42. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
43. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
46. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
47. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
50. A public promotion of some product or service.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
4. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
5. An associate degree in nursing.
6. Common Indian weaverbird.
7. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
8. An informal term for a father.
9. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
10. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
23. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
27. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. Relieve from military service.
32. Lower in esteem.
33. Obvious and dull.
35. Offering fun and gaiety.
36. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
38. A state in New England.
39. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
41. Extremely pleasing.
44. A state in midwestern United States.
45. A radioactive element of the actinide series.