1. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
4. God of love and erotic desire.
8. The seventh and last day of the week.
11. An accountant certified by the state.
12. Very dark black.
13. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
14. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
15. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
16. The month following July and preceding September.
17. God of wealth and love.
19. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
30. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
34. A human limb.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
42. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
44. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
46. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
47. The last (12th) month of the year.
48. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
49. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
50. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
51. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
52. The highest level or degree attainable.
53. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
7. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
8. A fraudulent business scheme.
9. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
10. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
18. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
24. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
26. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
29. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
31. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
33. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
34. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
35. Arm again.
36. Common black European thrush.
39. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
42. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
43. (informal) Of the highest quality.
45. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.