1. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
5. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
11. A Loloish language.
12. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
13. A decree that prohibits something.
14. A unit of acoustic absorption equivalent to the absorption by a square foot of a surface that absorbs all incident sound.
15. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
16. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
17. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
19. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
23. How long something has existed.
24. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
30. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
33. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
35. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
39. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
43. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
44. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. A city in the European part of Russia.
49. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
51. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
52. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
54. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. (botany) Especially of leaves.
2. Jordan's port.
3. A bachelor's degree in theology.
4. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
5. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
6. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. Make less active or intense.
9. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
10. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
18. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
21. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
22. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
25. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
26. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
28. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. Very fertile.
41. Look at with amorous intentions.
42. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
50. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.