1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
12. God of death.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
14. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
16. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
17. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. A woman of refinement.
21. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
24. A master's degree in business.
27. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
31. A flexible container with a single opening.
32. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
48. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
49. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
50. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
51. An associate degree in applied science.
52. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
53. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. The square of a body of any size of type.
4. Before noon.
5. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
8. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
19. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
33. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
36. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
38. Common Indian weaverbird.
39. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
40. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. Again but in a new or different way.
44. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
45. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
46. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.