1. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
4. In the Roman calendar.
8. Inquire about.
11. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
12. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. Divulge information or secrets.
19. Jordan's port.
21. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
23. A bachelor's degree in theology.
24. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
27. A United Nations agency that invest directly in companies and guarantees loans to private investors.
29. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
34. A Roman Catholic priest who acts for another higher-ranking clergyman.
39. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
40. Avatar of Vishnu.
42. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
44. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
46. A small cake leavened with yeast.
48. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
49. The longest division of geological time.
50. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
51. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
2. (trademark) A preparation of lindane that is used to kill lice and itch mites.
3. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
4. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
6. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
7. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
22. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
34. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. In bed.
38. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
41. (informal) Roused to anger.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
47. A public promotion of some product or service.