1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
8. An audiotape recording of sound.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. Stalk of a moss capsule.
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
14. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
15. Young sheep.
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
27. A comedian who uses gags.
31. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
34. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
42. Take in solid food.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
51. A master's degree in business.
52. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
53. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
54. Extremely pleasing.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. The sign language used in the United States.
5. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
6. A unit of pressure.
7. A light touch or stroke.
8. An informal term for a father.
9. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
18. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
19. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
25. A doctor's degree in optometry.
26. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
28. A periodic paperback publication.
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. South African term for `boss'.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. A slight amount or degree of difference.
45. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
46. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.
47. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
49. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
50. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.