1. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
4. (informal) Exceptionally good.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
16. A master's degree in business.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
27. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. Extremely pleasing.
31. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
34. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
40. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
44. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
48. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
53. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
54. One thousandth of a second.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
3. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
4. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
5. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
6. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
7. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. A state in midwestern United States.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. A master's degree in fine arts.
24. A flexible container with a single opening.
26. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
28. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
30. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. By bad luck.
37. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
39. Jordan's port.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
42. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
45. Any thick messy substance.
46. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
47. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
49. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
50. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
51. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
52. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.