1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
11. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
14. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
15. A young woman making her debut into society.
16. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
17. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
19. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
20. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
23. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
27. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
28. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. Not only so, but.
36. A state in northwestern North America.
37. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
40. Marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions.
42. A city in northern India.
43. Any thick messy substance.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. The fatty flesh of eel.
48. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
49. The face of a timepiece.
50. The seed of the cereal grass.
1. A public dance hall for dancing to recorded popular music.
2. An arc-shaped whitish deposit sometimes seen in the cornea.
3. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
6. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
10. The capital of Western Samoa.
18. The cry made by sheep.
21. The southernmost of the four main islands of Japan.
22. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A radioactive transuranic element.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. Sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws widely distributed in the northern hemisphere v 1.
31. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
32. New Zealand conifer.
33. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
35. Very dark black.
38. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
39. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
41. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
42. A Mid-Atlantic state.
45. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
46. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).