1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A rapid bustling commotion.
7. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
13. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
14. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
15. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
16. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. Any of various units of capacity.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
32. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
33. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
38. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
41. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
42. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
46. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. How long something has existed.
49. The residue that remains when something is burned.
50. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
51. An associate degree in applied science.
52. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
53. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. Jordan's port.
8. Type genus of the Majidae.
9. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
10. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
18. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
31. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
36. Lower in esteem.
37. Russian country house.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
40. Hoop that covers a wheel.
43. The cry made by sheep.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.