1. A former French coin of low denomination.
4. God of love and erotic desire.
8. An audiotape recording of sound.
11. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
12. Very dark black.
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
14. The basic unit of money in Albania.
15. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. The state of being unsure of something.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
23. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
25. A Russian river.
26. Growing old.
27. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
39. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
42. A light touch or stroke.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. The habitation of wild animals.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
48. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
1. Any of various young herrings (other than brislings) canned as sardines in Norway.
2. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
3. Capital of modern Macedonia.
4. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Relating to a recently developed fashion or style.
7. Used of a single unit or thing.
8. An informal term for a father.
9. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
18. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
19. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
24. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
28. A port city in southwestern Iran.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
33. Lower in esteem.
34. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
36. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
38. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
40. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
41. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
45. Informal terms for a mother.