1. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
4. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
8. The sign language used in the United States.
11. The habitation of wild animals.
12. Highly excited.
13. The cry made by sheep.
14. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
15. Something causes misery or death.
16. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
17. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
26. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
28. By bad luck.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
44. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
46. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
47. The residue that remains when something is burned.
48. South African term for `boss'.
49. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
1. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
2. Not only so, but.
3. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
4. Tag the base runner to get him out.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Any of the large anthropoid apes of the family Pongidae.
7. How long something has existed.
8. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
9. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
10. The sound of laughing.
18. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
19. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. 35th President of the United States.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
30. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
31. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
35. A vigorous blow.
37. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
38. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
40. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
41. A master's degree in business.
42. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
45. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.