1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. Informal terms for a meal.
8. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
11. (Irish) The sea personified.
12. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
14. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
15. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
16. Lower in esteem.
18. The quantity that a bag will hold.
20. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. A state in midwestern United States.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
29. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
30. A Loloish language.
33. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
40. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
41. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
43. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
47. An associate degree in applied science.
49. An Eskimo hut.
53. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
54. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
55. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
57. A boy or man.
58. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
59. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
1. An embarrassing mistake.
2. Stalk of a moss capsule.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
5. A region in southeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
6. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
7. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
10. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
19. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
23. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
25. Jordan's port.
27. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
28. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
31. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
32. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
39. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A small piece of cloth.
44. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
45. South African term for `boss'.
46. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
48. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
50. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
51. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
52. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
56. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.