1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. An accountant certified by the state.
7. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
11. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
12. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
13. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. Not reflecting light.
16. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
17. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
20. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
24. Darkened with overcast.
26. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
28. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
30. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
40. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. Offering fun and gaiety.
44. A Russian river.
45. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
47. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
48. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
49. Made of fir or pine.
1. Squash bugs.
2. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
5. Partially carbonized vegetable matter saturated with water.
6. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
7. A large fleet.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
10. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
18. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
19. A formal expression of praise.
22. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
23. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
25. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
27. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
29. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
31. God of wealth and love.
32. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
34. Wearing or provided with clothing.
35. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
39. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).