1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
14. The residue that remains when something is burned.
15. A white trivalent metallic element.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
22. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A bottle with a stopper.
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
40. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
45. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
47. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
48. Made of fir or pine.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
1. Not only so, but.
2. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
3. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
4. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
5. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
6. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
9. A genus of Mustelidae.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
18. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
19. Extremely pleasing.
20. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
21. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
23. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
24. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
26. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
27. Before noon.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
31. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
33. God of wealth and love.
36. A digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
42. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
43. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
44. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
45. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.