1. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
4. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
8. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. A Loloish language.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
17. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
21. Type genus of the Majidae.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. An associate degree in applied science.
27. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
28. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
29. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
32. An associate degree in nursing.
34. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
36. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
39. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
41. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
42. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
45. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
46. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
48. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
49. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
50. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. A bachelor's degree in science.
1. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
2. Perceive sound.
3. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
4. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
5. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
6. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
7. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
8. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
9. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
10. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
18. The cry made by sheep.
20. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
22. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
23. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. German physicist who studied cathode rays (1862-1947).
31. A peninsula in southwestern Europe.
33. 1 species.
35. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
37. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
38. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
40. An elaborate song for solo voice.
43. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
48. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.