1. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
5. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
8. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
11. An inhabitant of Lappland.
12. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
13. Used of a single unit or thing.
14. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
16. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
23. An island of central Hawaii.
24. (informal) Of the highest quality.
25. An uproarious party.
26. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
29. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
31. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
32. Before noon.
33. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
35. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
37. A small vessel for travel on water.
40. The basic unit of money in Iran.
42. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
44. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
45. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
46. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
47. The cry made by sheep.
48. An informal term for a father.
49. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
50. The sign language used in the United States.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
2. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
3. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
4. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
5. The face or front of a building.
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. Humorously vulgar.
8. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
9. Squash bugs.
10. A populous province in northeastern China.
18. Leave voluntarily.
20. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
28. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
30. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
34. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
35. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
36. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
37. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
38. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
39. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
41. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
43. A person's brother or sister.