1. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
4. A decree that prohibits something.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. An affirmative.
15. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
16. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
22. A port city in southwestern Iran.
26. A starlike object that may send out radio waves and other forms of energy.
28. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
34. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
45. A doctor's degree in religion.
46. (Irish) The sea personified.
47. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
50. A light touch or stroke.
51. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
52. A boy or man.
1. Common Indian weaverbird.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
5. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
6. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
18. A battle in 1645 that settled the outcome of the first English Civil War as the Parliamentarians won a major victory over the Royalists.
20. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
27. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
35. Type genus of the Caviidae.
36. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
42. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
43. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
44. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
48. Before noon.
49. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.