1. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
7. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
11. Black tropical American cuckoo.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
14. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
15. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
23. Not divisible by two.
24. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
30. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
33. The cry made by sheep.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
39. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
42. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
43. Wild and domestic cattle.
45. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
46. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
48. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
1. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
4. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
5. (informal) Exceptionally good.
6. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
7. First in order of importance.
8. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
9. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
10. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
18. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. One thousand periods per second.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
26. An accountant certified by the state.
28. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
29. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
31. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
32. Lower in esteem.
34. Make less active or intense.
35. Given or having a specified name.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
39. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
40. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.