1. Range of what one can know or understand.
4. An informal term for a father.
7. A French abbot.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. How long something has existed.
13. A sudden short attack.
14. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. Produced by a manufacturing process.
17. A book of the New Testament.
19. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
20. Common Indian weaverbird.
23. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
25. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
29. Short and fat.
30. A person forced to flee from home or country.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
34. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
35. A state of southwestern India.
38. An unofficial association of people or groups.
42. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
44. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
46. The cry made by sheep.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
50. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
51. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
2. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
3. Offensive or even (of persons) malicious.
4. A light touch or stroke.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A doctor's degree in education.
7. A large fleet.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
10. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
18. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
28. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
31. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
36. Toward the mouth or oral region.
37. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
40. Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
45. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.