1. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
4. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
11. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
12. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
13. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
14. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
15. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
16. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
17. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
19. Before noon.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. Being nine more than ninety.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. Carnivorous or bloodsucking aquatic or terrestrial worms typically having a sucker at each end.
29. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
32. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
34. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
35. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
37. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
40. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
43. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
46. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
47. The cry made by sheep.
49. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
53. A state in New England.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
3. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
4. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. Being six more than fifty.
7. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
20. A master's degree in business.
23. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
25. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
30. A state in midwestern United States.
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
36. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
38. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
40. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. Related to or located at the back.
44. The last (12th) month of the year.
45. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
46. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.