1. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
11. An informal term for a father.
12. A genus of Mustelidae.
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. A state in northwestern North America.
25. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
27. A flexible container with a single opening.
29. 35th President of the United States.
30. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
34. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
38. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. A relativistic quantum theory of the electromagnetic interactions of photons and electrons and muons.
44. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
45. A small cake leavened with yeast.
46. Black tropical American cuckoo.
47. The emotion of hate.
50. A decree that prohibits something.
51. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
52. A distinguished female operatic singer.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
4. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
5. A resource.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
8. 10 grams.
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
10. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
35. Jordan's port.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. A narrow way or road.
40. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
41. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
42. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.